Sunday 11 December 2016

Larger Than Life

Everything is bigger and more dangerous in Australia, Right?  One of the things I've enjoyed about being here is being able to tell stories to my friends and family who have never been here.  I've told one of my friends who was about to go water skiing in a safe river that he'd probably be ok just before he got in the water.  Just don't crash too close to the mangroves because of the crocodiles.  The look on his face was priceless as he asked me did he really want to be doing this.  I took one of my other visitors out with me for work one day.  I did work in the bush.  He didn't get out of the car the whole time.  For the life of me I don't know what he was afraid of, but he wasn't getting out.  Course this is the same guy I told that I had found a blue tongue lizard under the house and he asked me how big they get.  At that stage I knew I had him so I said, not very big only about 5 feet long.  Then there's The Outback.  I've been all over this country for work and for pleasure.  I've been places where you may not see someone for a while.  But every time I ask someone when I'm what I'm thinking is way out there and maybe this is the outback, they always tell me it's somewhere out there and they point somewhere further away.  Of course there are risks, but then again people get attacked by mountain lions while jogging every once in a while as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment